Above: Promoter Mailbox updates for Each Event. MusicIDB 1.6 has arrived! In this release we’ve updated the look and feel of the site, added a few exciting new features, and fixed a number of small bugs.
Features for All
- New Landing Page Design
- New Sidebar Design
- Login with Facebook, even if your facebook email is different from you MusicIDB email you can link them on your account page for instant click-login.
- Images on Artist/Venue/Event Detail pages will now show a zoomed in version when clicked on
- Artist List loading time has been fixed
- Image sizes around the site have been updated to make things look less awkward and take less time to load
- Updated user experience on edit screens
Features for Promoters
- Message All (Group-messaging) functionality in Promoter Mailbox and on Manage Gig to reach each event’s artists.
- Added “Unpublish Gig” functionality and created a “Published” on/off switch for Promoter Mailbox and Manage Gig
- Improved Promoter Mailbox design and user experience
Features for Artists
- Soundcloud Embed Functionality
- There is no control to delete or hide content yet, but this in progress
- Need way to archive (hide) events that are not going to happen (cancelled show, denied inquiry, etc) from Gig Mailbox
- Editing track information after uploading will not let you save without uploading the same MP3 file again
- There is no way to change an Event into a Gig to “do booking”. You will need to create a Gig instead, and contact [email protected] to delete the original event.
- It is not possible to have 2 Events happening at different times at the same venue yet. Venues with more than 1 floor currently need to have each floor listed as a venue in order to specify which “room” it’s in. Therefore, venues with multiple rooms will not have 1 page that shows all events happening at that venue.
- It is not possible to have a private venue, we are adding a control for “unlisted” venues soon. Such as a home address or a “one-time only” venue such as a field.